Juried Gallery Information
The Salem Arts Festival invites artists to submit work to the 11th annual Salem Arts Festival, taking place June 7-9, 2019. All mediums accepted. This exhibit is judged and juried for prizes by a jury comprised of a variety of individuals from the Salem arts community and beyond. 2019 jurors Amy Sudarsky (Lesley University College of Art + Design), Paul Kotakis (Montserrat College of Art), and Petra Slinkard (Peabody Essex Museum).
- Intent to Apply – the Intent to Apply is now closed, but we will still accept walk-ins during the Drop Off times below!
- Application Forms – to be completed in person during drop off
- Art Drop Off – Old Town Hall, 32 Derby Square
- Friday, May 31, 5 pm to 8 pm
- Saturday, June 1, 9 am to 12 pm
- Submissions: Artists may submit up to 3 pieces. At least 2 pieces must be for sale.
- Submission Fee: $10 per piece or $25 for 3 pieces. Checks payable to Salem Main Streets.
- Submission Requirements: Hung artwork may not exceed 36″ in any direction (including frame) and must be wired to hang – no sawtooth hangers. Larger artwork may need an easel or a stand. We welcome installations, but our historic space has some limitations. Please contact us directly for more information.
- Notification of Acceptance: Saturday evening, June 1
- Pick Up for Works Not Accepted: Works MUST be picked up at Old Town Hall:
- Sunday, June 2, 3 pm to 6 pm
- Monday, June 3, 4 pm to 7 pm
- Pick Up for Accepted Work: Works MUST be picked up at Old Town Hall:
- Sunday, June 9, 5 pm to 7 pm
- Exhibit Dates: Work chosen for exhibition will be on display June 7-9, 2019 during the festival.
- Juried Prizes: Juried prizes will be announced at the opening reception on June 7.
- Sale of Artwork: Pricing information must be included at the time of drop off. A 20% commission on any sales go to the Salem Arts Festival.
Contact Kylie Sullivan at email@example.com or 978-744-0004 x115 with questions, or if you cannot make any of the scheduled pick up or drop off times.